Learn how to build your own Rocket mass heater. Step by step plans, as well as an instructional video on how to build various types of rocket mass heaters are availalbe.
Rocket mass heaters
are possibly the most powerful solutions to many of the problems confronting individuals and the global population today. For individuals, Rocket Mass Heaters can save thousands of dollars and bring greater comfort. For some, this could even mean free heat. Around our world, if a billion people used Rocket Mass Heaters as their primary source of heat, it would solve a list of global issues. The only barrier to this solution is . . . knowledge.
A rocket mass heater is:
- cheap to run. About a tenth the cost of natural gas, electric or conventional wood heat.
- clean. They emit about a hundredth of the smoke of a conventional wood stove.
- good for the environment. Less than 2% of CO2 emissions of natural gas or electric heat. Can reduce your carbon footprint as much as parking 7 cars.
- sustainable. It uses a renewable fuel which is easy to find and store.
- cheap to build. About $200 to $600.
- quick to build. Often built in a weekend
- luxuriant. Like the luxury of a heated floor but without all that standing.
Rocket Mass Heater advantages:
- In comparison to a conventional wood stove, they:
- let off heat gradually over the day, so you don't need to keep tending it.
- They burn up the creosote, making the burn not only safer, but also more efficient.
- They generally require about 1/10 of the wood to heat your home.
- By using junk mail and sticks from your yard, free heat is possible.
- Even if you purchase the firewood, it still costs less to operate than natural gas