Ten Pertinent Facts
Mold illness or "CIRS" is caused by more than mold. A water-damaged building contains many biotoxins and other toxins that individuals may react to.
Some people may have a genetic susceptibility or other susceptibilities to "mold illness" and may not heal by simply removing themselves from the moldy environment.
The symptoms are many and changeable.
Doctors are not trained to recognize mold illness and often will misdiagnose a person with it.
You will probably have to take charge of your health care yourself until more people recognize this illness.
If you are in a current or past water-damaged building and have a chronic unrelenting illness, consider mold illness as a causative factor.
For someone with mold illness, recovery starts with removing themselves from exposure, but needs to include methods to remove, or alter the toxins their body is unable to adequately remove on its own. This includes use of binders and supporting the biotransformation system of the body.
The person may also need to use methods to decrease inflammation that may continue after the toxins are removed.
Some people are in a heightened state of arousal and very reactive. They may need to de-stress and retrain their body to feel safe again.
Remember To Send This To Friends And Family Who Will Benefit From Reading It!